Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I'm in a bit of a bind... Today while driving some A$$ hole in Philadelphia cut me off, and to avoid T-boning his POS I had to swerve right towards a raised man hole cover. Long story short, I bent my NEW right front rim. While I am sure its fixable, I do not have time to get it done until after the new year and the vibration is driving me nuts!!

So any one in the north east US (PA, NJ, DE, NY) that has 164 rims + decent road worthy tires on them send me a PM. Since this is a temporary fix, I am looking to spend max $120.00 depending on condition (unless the wheels are truly superb).

Thanks for your help.
Cheers
Martin.

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
One temporary thing you can do is to switch/mount it on the rear, if you haven't mounted the spare instead already. When we bent a wheel on the LS on a long trip, we found that mounting it on the rear reduced the vibrations to bearable levels, esp above 60 mph, until we got home (reluctant to use the spare, as it was a different wheel and tire, not all that compatible for enthusiastic driving, different feel, different handling).

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts