Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTB:Alfa aftermarket (1965 - to end of mfg.) "ACL unit" (plate) with curved velocity stacks and backfire screens for 40 DCOE 2 Webers. Seen one? Wanted, dead or alive! :eek: Thanks! :D Gordon Raymond

·
Premium Member
14,265 Posts
Gordon:
I have a plate and set of curved velocity stacks with screens that IAP used to sell as "Sprint Air Horns". Are they a knock-off of the "ACL unit" that you are looking for? They fit 40DCOE's.
Ed Prytherch
74 GTV
79 Spider
88 Verde

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ed! The old ACL unit had faster curves to the stacks and will fit my customers SS. The used IAP unit on hand is a bit too wide. I have the old ACL on another customers car and it will fit the SS inner fender well area, thus my search. I haven't much hope, (the customer does!) but if enough people read my post, maybe someone will know someone who has one. I "believe" the ACL plate is universal, and the only difference is the ACL curved or straight velocity stacks. I could probably use an IAP plate, or one made up in shop, IF I had the fast curve velocity stacks. Thanks for the offer!
Gordon Raymond

·
Premium Member
14,265 Posts
You can have them for $200 and that includes a set of filter socks. IAP used to sell the horn set for $395 and the socks were about $60. They are not in the latest catalog.
They boost mid range power a lot. I spun out my GTV in 3rd gear on dry pavement when I got into the gas too early on an on ramp. I have 205/60 tires on 6J rims. But I am old and I like a quieter induction system. I replaced them with a Euro air box.
PM me with your email address if you want pictures.

Ed Prytherch
74 GTV
79 Spider
88 Milano Verde

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts