Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having the worst time!

Its my all time fave! I was close to getting the one in British Columbia that was posted here. - Someone beat me to it.

Every other car in the world looks BORING after getting so close.

If you have thought about it and your car is in NICE shape and runs like it SHOULD (great), take advantage of me!! -I'm in the throws!!!....:eek:

I'm in NY area, will travel.

please email if you are at all thinking about it.

[email protected]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Gtv6

Also on in Autotrader in Vegas...$3400, needs some work, but runs well according to the ad (no affiliation). It's been listed for quite some time.

I'm looking for a well sorted GTV6 if anyone knows of any!!!

Bill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS EVERYONE!!

I see something will happen by joining this awesome blog!

I will be in touch with all who offered.
In mean time, has anyone seen this; http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/alfa_romeo/gtv6/546321.html

I had the strangest phone call with the dealer. He all but turned me away!
-Had next to nothing positive to say! He even said "Its not a fast car, I wont lie, I'm not saying you wont find a leak..." Yet, as you guys know, by the looks AND price of $10,000!! -this guy most want it for himself or something.
They have nothing but beautiful cars in that place, and he's totally downplaying the car! It was the wost pitch I've ever heard. He also said that only people with emotional attachments have good things to say about these cars!

I was really pissed, but 10,000 is too rich for me.
But for that price, It must be a great car, right?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Go slow. Mine was purchased for $750 in very decent driving condition, got about $1000 in improvements including a clutch and tires - then went to Belgium for $1500 plus shipping. Somebody made a few dollars, but I agree with Dave Rugh who advised me to buy the best you can find and afford.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go slow. Mine was purchesed for $750 in very decent driving condition, got about $1000 in improvements including a clutch and tires - then went to Belgium for $1500 plus shipping. Somebody made a few dollars, but I agree with Dave Rugh who advised me to buy the best you can find and afford.
I know, you can tell my excitment right?

Since I was 10 years old I was convinced the gtv6 was made specially for me and I still wont be happy driving without one.

Do any come with the wood steering weel? I cant recall seeing those on the gvt6. My dad had the spider and the fiat spider and the wooden weel is part of the fondest memories.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You know, I thought that one was special too! A good eye I think.
Yeah it's special all right. So special it has changed hands four times in less than four months! And each time its for a little less. Here is the original for sale post, it started at $5500 but post below was edited by seller:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-cars-sale-wanted/41807-fs-1983-alfa-romeo-gtv-6-grey.html

Keep a lookout with that eye, it may show up for sale again soon for even less. ;)

ZR

·
Registered
54 Posts
yes that gery Vancouver one. jeez, my count was 4 owners in 6 months,
not 4 transactions in 4. But maybe I missed something. A friend made an
appointment to look at it yesterday, but it was gone when he arrived. Yet it
is still on ebay with $2500Cdn bid...

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Not to butt in but, the wood really isn't wood. It's plastic made to look like wood. Centerline has a pretty nice wood wheel that I have on my sedan. It seems to be holding up pretty well. I've had it for about three years now. It isn't as large as the OE wheel which gives the car a less truck like feel.

Here is my wheel..

And a pic of the leather Centerline wheel. With a link.(no affiliation)

Centerline Products: Interior and Tops: Steering Wheels

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOW! -Wake-up call.. if its the same one.

You guys are sayin 'take it easy' and now I will.

The last guy in BC Totally led me to believe it was really his. In his ebay listing he said he's selling to make room for his sons car.

I may be a little confused tho..
do you think this here is the same car?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Door-Sports-Coupe-Great-Condition-Fully-LoadedZA_W0QQitemZ200173869932QQihZ010QQcategoryZ5356QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

lol.. My head is spining.. I'm seeing double headlights when I close my eyes!

·
Registered
5 Posts
It was the same seller, he forgot to remove the ad. See the bottom of the ebay page:

On 17-Nov-07 at 21:06:56 EST, seller added the following information:

Sorry, this item already sold before auction ends to a Private Sale. I will not be taking further bids. Thanks for anyone that was interested and that bid on car. Again-Sorry Item already sold before auction ended in a Private Sale- Sold on Nov 17/07 at 4pm
And if you are still looking for GTV-6's look at these two links:

for sale : alfa romeo : combined classified and auction listings

and here

for sale : alfa romeo : combined classified and auction listings

ZR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well 2 or 3 months have past, so it must be about time for the silver '83 GTV-6 to come up for sale again in the Vancouver area...

And yup, here it is 83 Alfa Romeo GTV6

This car must be cursed. No one keeps it for more than a few months. At least it has a new clutch in it now.

ZRDeuce

1 - 20 of 22 Posts