Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm looking for a hazard light switch, coolant overflow bottle, and a passenger sider rear window + latch for our little GTV. We (my GF and I) are pretty new to Alfas, so a point in the right direction to used Alfa parts sources would be helpfull.

ciao,

Allan

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Flatsix,
Welcome to the board.

Anyways,

Finding used part's is tuff. Sometime's it's just better to buy those little thing's new. When I look for used part's I go into my mechanic's shop (has a ton of stuff), or i search ebay.

p.s. you can alwats buy a part's car to

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Welcome aboard, Allan!!

I think there's some rear side windows on ebay right now. Don Ereminas in CT (860-496-8600) has tons of used stuff as does Alfa Parts Exchange (APE) in CA. Don't have a # for APE though.
Sniady nailed it....parts car!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys.

Papajam, I won the windows off of ebay... the seller was just a little slow on the reply. So, soon I should be able drive the GTV around without the GF's hair getting mussed up.

I've thought about the parts car idea, except I would need a place for it and I'm already storing a '71 911 roller offsite. Maybe after I get rid of the my '92 carrera I could get a nice GTV track car for HSR.

:)

I'll be giving Ape a call for the other bits. As soon as I rid my new garage of boxes then I can setup some workbenches and begin collecting parts for a Alfa motor.

ciao,

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
oh and let me say

The GTV is so aerodynamically built (maybe not, i think it is for this reason), that with the windows down, air does not blown into your face. You get a lil breeze that hit's the side of your head, put the wind keeps going by, as if the windows were up. At least in my car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My experience had me getting hit in the head with a swirling vortex of 30 year old french fry bits and gum wrappers.:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Message sent!

Once again, thanks for the help guys.

My GF has been dying to drive her little car to work. Now I won't have to worry about the stupid hazzard switch poping out for no reason and wearing the battery down... leaving my girl stranded somwhere.:eek:

I'll post some pics of the project as soon as I find the digital camera.

ciao

1 - 10 of 10 Posts