Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good used one? My low beams suddenly quit working and I've checked the fuses. -Clark

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
here's one on eBay, should work on a Duetto too, I believe:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bertone-GTV-indicator-light-columb-storks_W0QQitemZ150152952661QQihZ005QQcategoryZ31350QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The issue is likely that your contacts are pitted, because of the high currents going through. You should install a relay to prevent this from happening. I bought a brand new switch two years ago, and hardly used it, because I hardly ever drive this car at night. So I have not installed a relay yet, and low and behold, even with this new switch my low beams stopped working. Instead of buying a new switch, you can also try what I did. I is removed it from the steering column, and drilled out the 4 rivets that hold it together. Then you can clean the contact, and bend it a little, so it'll work again. After that, I used two nuts and bolts to put it back together. The two biggest rivets I did not replace, the Allen head bolts go through these holes anyway and will pull the two halves together....I hope this makes sense, you'll probably see what I mean once you get in there. I now have a serviceable switch. Good luck

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Oddly enough, my high beams still work and since they're not terribly bright, I can use them, for now. -Clark

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,301 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I apologize, you're probably right about that!....in my case I had to bend the lever to get them to work, requiring me to open up the switch

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I'll give it this a try. -Clark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts