Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a long time guys but Im looking for a nice plug and play Bakelite 3 spoke wheel complete with horn button ( uncracked, if they exist ). Please let me know what you have.

Thanks AlfaBB !

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Can you post a picture of the one your looking for?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Yes, those parts are the internals without the spring. I can’t make the horn button and doubt about the ring, I’ll gave to look at that again. Here is a photo of my finished wheel.
I do have a nice complete 2600 steering wheel, I believe the diameter is slightly larger by about 10-15mm.

QUOTE="classicalfas, post: 8496687, member: 286"]
Don’t be too concerned if you find a wheel but missing the guts. That was my situation and machined up a set for myself after borrowing the internals from a friend.
  1. [/QUOTE]o

Attachments

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
I have an uncracked wheel, but the plastic rim and the aluminium need significant polishing. Horn button missing. I can take photos if you're interested.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, those parts are the internals without the spring. I can’t make the horn button and doubt about the ring, I’ll gave to look at that again. Here is a photo of my finished wheel.
I do have a nice complete 2600 steering wheel, I believe the diameter is slightly larger by about 10-15mm.

QUOTE="classicalfas, post: 8496687, member: 286"]
Don’t be too concerned if you find a wheel but missing the guts. That was my situation and machined up a set for myself after borrowing the internals from a friend.
  1. o
[/QUOTE]
@classicalfas, very nice wheel ! Pls email me more pics with OD & price to: [email protected]. Do you think this 2600 wheel will work on my 105 Giulia sedan ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
How badly do you want one?! The postage will be a killer.
I have two in Australia that came out of a 1964 Sprint GT. They look identical to your posted photo.
Believe it or not, I just arrived in the US for a few days, so can’t post photos until next week.
Regards Daniel

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
This guy has the horn buttons and rings for the Super wheel.

He has a lot of other stuff to.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Daniel ! Please let me know how much you want for your wheel. I realize shipping may not be cheap but its okay.

Joey

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks Daniel ! Please let me know how much you want for your wheel. I realize shipping may not be cheap but its okay.

Joey
Hi Joey,
I’m still in CA until tomorrow.
The wheels are at my parents house not too far from mine. I know exactly where they are, so will get them down to photograph. I may have jet lag for a day or two, so please remind me if you have not heard from me!
I honestly have no idea as to what they are worth. I just thought they would be better off in use than sitting on the same shelf for over twenty years.

It’s actually amazing what people store. My friend here in CA has been playing with 101/105 Spiders for over 40 years. He has a small stash off spares. He has forgotten what he has!
He asked me to open a box to see what’s inside. A dozen hubcaps, all brand new, original Alfa packaging on some. There must be a pile of stuff still around people houses/sheds.

Regards Daniel

1 - 18 of 18 Posts