Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Hey Wes-

Do you have a pic of the ones you're looking for? I seem to recall having a set of early hubcaps around somewhere.

-Jason

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hubcaps

Yes, the first ones. IAP has the second, 1969 style, and there is no stock on 67's at ReOriginals. The reproductions are apparently stainless steel. Chris at Highwood has some, a bit pricey for hubcaps though. The cost of living in England is pretty high so I understand. Hubcaps should be sourceable in good condition around the USA with a bit of luck and time.
Did 68's come with the first or second style?

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
11,992 Posts

·
11,992 Posts
Here's a promotional picture of the Euro (or non-US) model 1750. This car also has the late type hubcaps. The car has no headrest so I suppose this is a fairly early model.

The parts books say otherwise. They show the large ring hubcaps only for the GTV. All the articles from that period show spiders delivered with the small ring hub caps. Those promotional pictures don't mean anything.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Okay, we just have different opinions, so let's put aan end to this discussion right now (the pictures I posted were offcial Alfa Romeo ones just FYI)...

By the way, Wes, I found six of those early hubcaps in my storage but they all have scratches and dents so I think they are not up to your standard. Sorry I cannot help you on this.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you

That's why I like mags, no scratches or dents on hubcaps. Even Osso has mag wheels on his fantastic restoration. That tells you something.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
That's why I like mags, no scratches or dents on hubcaps. Even Osso has mag wheels on his fantastic restoration. That tells you something.
Yeah, my mother has gone through at least five sets of hub caps on her GT Junior during 16 years of driving her almost daily:(. In addition to the scratches and dents, plastic trim ring on the recent repros gets weathered within half a year or so:mad:.

maybe they'll work. Price is right.
Phil,

Those are for 750/101 Giulietta/Giulia and would not work on Duetto.

·
Registered
314 Posts
atl craig list show '63. There was a good set on ebay being advertised as 67, but they looked like the the 63 ones. Dr. G, didn't you sell your 67 duetto this last weekend? Or didn't it make the reserve? If you did, and you no longer need the hub caps, then guys, put me down for a prime set for a 67 duetto. I just wish I new which ones were the true 67s. Is everyone in agreement that they are the ones in the first photo?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Car was sold

but in the ad for the car it says the steel wheels will be going on the car and I need some good hubcaps. Akitaman sandblasted them and they have been repainted with PPG two part epoxy and then single stage PPG Concept DCC silver. They look great!

I used magic Alfa dust, and suspended the wheels in mid-air to paint them on both sides as in the picture.

It is very sad to see the duetto go, but the TS needs attention and I need a new roof. If you happen to be blessed with neighbors with helicopters, you can take cool aerial shots of your remodelling projects.

Attachments

·
11,992 Posts
atl craig list show '63. There was a good set on ebay being advertised as 67, but they looked like the the 63 ones. Dr. G, didn't you sell your 67 duetto this last weekend? Or didn't it make the reserve? If you did, and you no longer need the hub caps, then guys, put me down for a prime set for a 67 duetto. I just wish I new which ones were the true 67s. Is everyone in agreement that they are the ones in the first photo?
The duetto and the 1750 roundtail came with the small ring hubcaps.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still looking

I'm still on the lookout for small ring good hubcaps.

Thanks,
Wes

1 - 19 of 19 Posts