Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tale of small woe here but nothing that should be a surprise to anyone. I found a fully restored 1967 GT Veloce in Paris, agreed to buy it and then the seller simply used my price (his asking price I may add) to get a better offer.

Full disclosure here as I'm in the classic car business (non-Alfa) and wanted the car personally. If I ever did this in my shop, I'd be labeled a huge scumbag but being on the other end, I guess I go find another car and realize that personal sellers can act however they'd like and I live with it.

Any chance there is another one of these step nose beauties out there? And looking for a non red/white/silver/green example. The car in Paris was Grey with Red interior and fully restored. All in with shipping & duty would have been in the $27k range, so I wasn't bottom dwelling by any measure.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might have a suggestion.

Steve Serio

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I feel your pain. What a pisser. I also applaud your taste. That is just about the most charming car Alfa ever made.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Randy. Not knowing any better, and this site seems loaded with proper Alfa nuts, are these cars extremely rare in the USA? I have no clue on how hard they are to find here.......

·
Registered
132 Posts
GT Step Nose

Check out fantasyjuncion.com

They want a lot of $$ for it though. Beautiful restoration

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roger,

Try my cell phone today if you have a minute. 617.699.0666. Monday we have a ride & drive with the V8 Roadster and it may be more hectic than usual. Whaddya got brewing?

·
Registered
649 Posts
1966 Sprint GT in November Hemmings

Tale of small woe here but nothing that should be a surprise to anyone. I found a fully restored 1967 GT Veloce in Paris, agreed to buy it and then the seller simply used my price (his asking price I may add) to get a better offer.

Full disclosure here as I'm in the classic car business (non-Alfa) and wanted the car personally. If I ever did this in my shop, I'd be labeled a huge scumbag but being on the other end, I guess I go find another car and realize that personal sellers can act however they'd like and I live with it.

Any chance there is another one of these step nose beauties out there? And looking for a non red/white/silver/green example. The car in Paris was Grey with Red interior and fully restored. All in with shipping & duty would have been in the $27k range, so I wasn't bottom dwelling by any measure.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might have a suggestion.

Steve Serio
Steve,

In the November Hemmings there is a 1966 Giulia Sprint GT AR356129 red/charcoal listed as excellent condition owned 30 years $20K
located in Pa

Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have for sale, a 67 GTV, pretty clean, no rust w/ 2litre-dellortos. Interior excellent, paint is mercedes plumb (burgundy) w/ campagnolas. I've owned car since 98. Engine rebuilt 2000 and runs very well, fast. Also I have a 74 GTV parts car complete, rust in all the typical places, Again I emphasize parts car!! 18K OBO for both. Reason for selling is to purch class a rv and travel. Let me know

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to everyone who has offered up some suggestions. Sadly for me, my criteria is really for a restored car. Simply don't have the time to properly fix a project. And within the criteria is that the car has to be original with correct seats, engine, etc. I probably should have been more clear.

But again, thanks for the multiple suggestions.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Are you only looking for a 1967? The 1965, 66 and 67 US cars were all 1600 cars with Weber carbs and the step-nose. They have minor differences, but nothing major. They were not imported in 1968, but some 1968 cars are now here as personal imports. They too were 1600 cars. In 1969, Alfa changed the cars a bit and eventually went to 1750 and then 2L iterations with Fuel Injection before ceasing importation in 1974 (the cars continued in Europe until 1976).

In any event, there are many step-nosed cars in the country (USA) and many nicely-restored examples. Keep an eye on E-Bay, here and Hemmings for the best examples. Make sure that you have any car you select inspected by a knowledgeable Alfista before committing to purchase.

Call or e-mail me for more info anytime.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alex, thanks for the thoughtful post. I'd certainly consider an earlier car. It's all about condition, originality and color. I'm not married to just 1967, it just happened to be the one I missed. No red/white/silver/yellow....the rare colors have always appealed to me. Grey/Blue/Tan, things along those lines.
Thanks again,
Steve

·
Registered
35 Posts
I might be interested in your car, please pm thanks. Anthony

I have for sale, a 67 GTV, pretty clean, no rust w/ 2litre-dellortos. Interior excellent, paint is mercedes plumb (burgundy) w/ campagnolas. I've owned car since 98. Engine rebuilt 2000 and runs very well, fast. Also I have a 74 GTV parts car complete, rust in all the typical places, Again I emphasize parts car!! 18K OBO for both. Reason for selling is to purch class a rv and travel. Let me know

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anthony, I too owned 1300 juniors. They're all nice automobiles. I can send you pics and tell you about the car. I have all doc's dating from my purchase of this 67. I reside near Boulder, Co. Do you want to email your e-address to me? Res Phone 303 666 4152

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts