Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
We're looking for nice 164's. If you have an S, LS, Q, QV (no L's unless it's exceptional), in preferably a 5spd with low miles we'd LOVE to talk with you about passing it along to a caring family.
Price is negotiable, however we are not of the upper crust of society.
TIA,
Gary
Oregon

·
Registered
484 Posts
Don't knock the L's and don't knock the mileage. Condition and maintenance are the key. I'll soon post photos of my 93 L and you can judge. It's a daily driver with 95,000 miles and counting (I hope)!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We all have our ideas and decision factors about everything. For us owning a 91 164L with 143K miles is more than we want to deal with. The service history proves its' costs are hefty.
Feeling like I have the authority to knock the lower models, since only a higher spec example would re-excite me at this point.
I'm sure your L will make it well past 100K. One thing that impressed me was the water pump failed at 138K miles-- impressive to all who heard my story.
I hope to have another Alfa someday, and nice CLEAN, LOW MILEAGE, dearly loved car, and not a daily driver full of door dings (like ours; still looks nice from afar tho)

Until then let our newly purchased 98 A4 2.8 30V Quattro take it's place-- 5spd of course, and only 51K miles.

We hope that Alfa comes back to the US in 2005.....

Keep it on the boil,
Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts