Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a set of 1600 liners at their original dimension of 78 mm diameter?

Doug Bender
Redondo Beach

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
liners

I have a block sitting in my garage but not sure if I can bang them out for you. Do you have a tool?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dr G--Actually I'd be interested in it all--block, crank (if you have it and it hasn't been cut to below first undersize) and liners.

Doug Bender

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Parts

I'm donating the liners, crank, pistons and rods to Dougs race car (for a bottle of wine), but he'll still need a block as the one I picked up from MT with my euro roundtail has a crack in the block from a hard MT winter. My car donating the parts will be honored if the liners find their way into a racecar.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Knocking out the liners

I have a tool which I know will knock out 2 L liners, but I'm not sure about 1600 liners Doug. I'll give it a wack though next month. Sorry I can't do it before then because my renter is very mechanically challenged. They have already run into my boat trailer and my front gate. I thought maybe UPS ran into my garage pillar but come to think of it, it might have been the renter, considering my boat trailer and front gate. I needed a new gate and the trailer was rusty anyway.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Ours is a great website

It is full of people who want to help out and keep our cars running. I will let you know how painful removing the cylinders is. It may be too painful but we'll see. I hope you can use the liners.

Wes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts