Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I asked for an Electrical Diagram in May for my Alfa Romeo which I have always known to be a 1982. I received the Diagram and am very grateful for your support. Right after receiving the diagram, I was sent to the U.S. for my job and just returned. I have been trying to correlate the diagram with the wiring, but this is not working.

Now I think that my vehicle is not a 1982 but a 1983.

I am attaching a photo of the vehicle tag which is located on the driver side. It shows that the manufacturing date is 6/1983.

Please tell me what is the actual model date for this vehicle (1982 or 1983). If it is a 1983, please send a 1983 model electrical diagram for this vehicle. I am at my wits end with all this and am appealing to you for help.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
The data plates indicate that your Spider is a 1983. I'll need your email address to send you the diagram. There's not much difference between the 82 and 83 diagrams though.

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Papajam's 82 Spider diagram is very accurate. The only thing I needed was a damp rag to wipe off the wire to see the correct color which was accuractly shown in the diagram.

The only thing I found different was the Relays in the fuse box were different.
Mine was set up like

1R Horn
2R Spare
3R Power Windows
4R Spare
5R Spare
6R Spare

The reason why I discover this was I used 4R, 5R and 6R to put relays in line with my Light Switch to protect it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The data plates indicate that your Spider is a 1983. I'll need your email address to send you the diagram. There's not much difference between the 82 and 83 diagrams though.
Hi Papajam:

My email address is [email protected]

Thanks for your help. Very much appreciated. The difference between the 2 years is probably enough so that I am having trouble figuring out how the wiring is distributed.

Regards,

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts