Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I recently bought a donor for all the little trims, clips and bits for my green machine that tend to go missing when you strip a car to nothing and restore it over a 18 year period (including relocating 3 times).

Anyway, all the surplus stuff on it is now up for grabs. It's a VERY rusty 1976 model 1.8 sedan, pulled from a bush block from where it was parked in 2006. As you can see, it's not pretty... But there are a few good things about it. For starters, apart from the seized brakes, the mechanicals are almost perfect. And I don't need them, so they're looking for a new home.

Engine is a 2L, originally from a GTV I believe. Dry compression is ~170psi in #3, ~175psi in the rest. Wet is ~185psi in cyl #2, ~180psi in the rest. Completely stock, 105.20 cams and all. Despite how the body looks, the engine came out clean like in the photos. Inside the cam cover it's just as clean. No idea if it's been rebuilt or just maintained very well in the past. Cooling system was still full of green and doesn't look to have suffered any corrosion. Carbs could do with a rekit after sitting so long with crappy fuel in them, but it ran with them. Complete as pictured with exhaust manifolds, carbs/airbox, rear extension, dizzy, starter & alternator. It's a good runner, pulled it out at 5.30 this afternoon.

Gearbox seemed ok, didn't really drive it much with it having no brakes but 2nd gear synchros seem ok at least. It was dark this evening by the time I got around to removing that so no pictures yet. It's still attached to the dedion at the moment.

Driveshaft has good guibos and the centre bearing feels good. I've made sure it was marked before it was removed.

Radiator is the lop-sided metal type and is clean, in good condition with no leaks. I don't know if it's the same as the GTV ones?

Has those lovely 1.8 interior armrests that don't break like the later 2L ones do ;)

Anyway... There's plenty more bits - even a few NOS bits in boxes like headlights (I have to go through the boxes yet) If there's anything of interest to anyone or specific bits you need, feel free to ask. Everything is open to offers (and cheap) because I'd much rather get the workshop bay back ASAP. Anything left in a week goes on ebay, anything left after that goes to scrap.

Located in Medowie, NSW (about 30 mins north of Newcastle).

Cheers guys :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Geez she's a old girl Adam, where did you pick her up at?

Motor looks nice and clean and in good condition

I have not seen your green machine yet, put up a photo when you get the chance

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bumpers aren't any good. It was rescued from a coastal paddock down south... Good old salt air and Alfas ;)

Green machine has progressed a fair bit. Sourced a sunroof & fuel flap from Scotland of all places, otherwise it's been mainly fixing up little things, reassembly & hunting for the little missing bits from here & there, got a NOS pioneer component radio to fit up for it now for the period look and all! Considering I wasn't going to do anything to it, I have since fitted velocity stacks & chrome filters for a bit of bling and roar under the bonnet... Plus the custom 2.5" exhaust I made and the big torsion & swaybars that I discovered in the red car that I'll have to put in... I'll have to swing by with it some time when I finally register it, David :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Wow Adam that looks fantastic, the 90s older brother, you can see some of the lines that went into the 90 in it, but I guess the 90 really is a Alfetta, just renamed and the V6 version, I always loved the 1980s Alfetta GCL in gunmetal grey with the round headlights and plastic surround on the tail lights, looks like you have a set of GTV 2.0 Strada wheels on it, did they come with it?
Keep us updated with progress.....

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Adam.. How are the seats? Are they worth buying?

Breaks my heart to see her go to the crusher, but the tin worm had it's way with her.... Arrrrrgh!

Love the green one!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts