Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collectors set, complete for 91-93 Alfa romeo 164. Very rare, I don't think you'll see it's equal again. Great condition, the pages have hardly been used or turned. This was quite a find for me, I couldn't believe it. They were in the car when I bought it. Service manual, Volume 1 and 2 Electrical manuals and of course the owners manual with the extra full color brocheres and pictures. I would hang on to this but I don't even own that Alfa anymore. Anyway I'm asking $450 for the complete set. Give me a call if you have any question @ 949-205-3616 Chris If your into Alfas this is a great complement to your car, cars, or collection.

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
How did you establish the price for this set? I might be interested if you have a 50% off sale coming soon. Consider that an offer if it helps validate my question.

With Kind Regards,

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course, I have that disk also, but this is actually readable and maybe you can make an improved disk with this lol. Ok geniuses, What is it worth then? I guess it would depend on what your buying it for. There is no listing for any of these books for sale that I have found. Doesn't that make something valuable? I will accept a reasonable offer, it was not easy to estabolish a price on this. Sincerely

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was impressed with these books and I've owned the disk for a long time. The writing and fine print is actually readable! Imagine that... You'll know what I'm talking about if you have the same disk, but this must have some value, there aren't many like it in this condition. Your offer is reasonable and appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,586 Posts
PA459600000000 164 91-93 SRV Manuals 3 volume set info

PA459600000000 164 91-93 SRV $388.58 is/was current new price from Alfa Romeo for the 3 volume set if they had them which they don't.

I think I only paid about $180 for my set new in 91. The 1992 parts pricing guide listed the set for $224.16 retail $145.70 net order price (dealer price).

Whatever the market will bear today.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting, thank you for that info. I'm not hard headed about this, I've had Alfas for years and it is hard to estimate the worth of these, because there are few if any to compare them to. Just want them to to good home...

·
Registered
570 Posts
My offer stands. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
These commonly come up on eBay for around $125. They don't sell like hot cakes typically. I would list them on eBay and cross post the listing here and see what you can get for them.
Charles

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I have done that already. I assume you mean $125 for one book or at least just the service manual. I bid on one years ago for $100 and lost it. There are no others on E bay at this time I believe. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
for the 24V

both manuals and both 95 supplements I paid $145.

And yes the manual is 100 times better the cardisk!!!

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,586 Posts
Paper or Plastic

I have both but paper manual sure is the way to go if you can snag a set.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I just bought on eBay a starter for $9, an alternator for $9, a heater core for $10 AND a climate control panel for $9 (all used parts of course). So if you want to believe there are lots of 164 owners out there ready to buy up anything 164 related for high prices you would be wrong. Not trying to say these manuals don't have value, just that in these tough economic times 20 years in, 164s are not in high demand and neither would a set of manuals for these cars for $450. So many eBay sellers putting astronomical prices on 164 items (sometimes asking more for used items than you can easily get a hold of new) and they relist and relist and relist. Never selling those items. It's up to you, you want to sell them and get them in the hands of somebody that can use them or relist relist relist? I paid less then $70 for a complete set, which I think is reasonable considering all this material is available from Cardisc. BTW, Have you seen the interior door handles with a buy it now for $10 and they still haven't sold them after relisting them several times? Not a lot of 164s out there anymore in regular use.
Charles

1 - 13 of 13 Posts