Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because that's what i'm doing
I bought this 1976 spider on October, 4th 2013 and it was my second car but first real "project car"

right now you might be saying"but that doesn't look that bad"
but that's because those are the good angles
these are the bad ones.
Driver side rocker

(this is a panoramic photo that's why it looks a bit weird)
Of course these are all old photos, as of present day the list of stuff i've done it is
-new floor pans
-new drainage channel
-new set of weber carb's to replace the tired solex's
-added a rear exhaust stinger
- put K&N filters to said weber's
-removed and rust proofed the convertible frame
- and a bunch of small odds and ends
Would this spider cost more to restore than its worth? Well maybe. But i'm not in it for the money i want to do it just because i can
here is how the car sits currently

don't worry about the wheels its not paint its plasti-dip, i did it just to see how it would look

·
Weaving a Spider's Web.
1,156 Posts
Looking good! You've done a ton of work to get her back! I sold my 77 Spider to a guy who said he was going to fix her up. I hope he did.

:cool: :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yes. I would. I had one same color and both rockers were rusted out at 44k miles! Glad you are saving it!

·
Premium Member
15,861 Posts
I am totally amazed the seats were so trashed. How does one even do that? Friend of mine put 250k miles on his 71 Berlina sedan and the interior was still supple. He used ArmorAll once in a while on everything for the entire time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am totally amazed the seats were so trashed. How does one even do that? Friend of mine put 250k miles on his 71 Berlina sedan and the interior was still supple. He used ArmorAll once in a while on everything for the entire time.
my guess would be a mix between rodents and sun exposure
weather may have also played a part too

·
Premium Member
15,861 Posts
When I lived in LA, I used a car cover half the time to avoid undue sun damage. Still use them some parts of the year here. I never see car covers being used anymore by others.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
is that a Jag in the background of the foto with the black wheels/hardtop? ciao jc

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
glutton for punishment you are. After posting I saw the DD section where you put a Jag. Actually once they're sorted, they're a good car. ciao, jc

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Maybe parked with top off for a long time.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
your quote---"don't worry about the wheels its not paint its plasti-dip, i did it just to see how it would look"

I would have left the wheels alone and plasti-dipped the car

·
Registered
576 Posts
That's a lot of fun/cool for $1000~!~

1 - 17 of 17 Posts