Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to determine which sequence would save me the most amount of headache. Seems there could be significant advantages to installing one before the other... Those of you that have been through this already - what would you suggest?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Trying to determine which sequence would save me the most amount of headache. Seems there could be significant advantages to installing one before the other... Those of you that have been through this already - what would you suggest?
Good question. I am about to face the same problem. I remember reading posts about this a few years back....I am sure our Alfa brothers will provide some guidance. Is it headliner, glass, dash or dash, headliner, glass.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Installing the windscreen is all good, doesn't really effect the dash that much and you will be taking the dash in and out no matter what you think...

Headliner MUST be in place before glass, front and rear.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Headliner, Windshield, Dash. While windshield can be installed with dash in place, it's easier without, and if you have a good original dash, you risk damaging it monkeying with the windshield. So, if it's all apart the correct order is this.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback! Windshield it is then.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Makes sense for a gasketed windshield (windshield before dash). I would think a glue in windshield install would not be interfered by the dash since there is no inside gasket flange or rope to real with.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Having r/r the dash probably 10 times on my 74, the dash can easily come in/out with or without the windshield in (though pulling the steering wheel does give you a lot more room). BUT I can totally see having the dash out would make changing the windshield way easier, just b/c there’s more room inside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts