Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I live in Peru and own a 1982 alfetta-gtv 2.0 that I have redone over the last years. 60s ARs are quite rare now down here and it has become very difficult to find a 105 series car (coupé or sedan) to restore.

Luckily I´ve come across a 2006 sprint, the downside is that it is very rusted, front and rear windshields are gone, interior (seats) are not original, dash is very rusted, wheels are not original and the engine is half open as it seems it blew the headgasket. I´ve been told the car has been sitting for 5 years, but its obviously it has been more.

I want your opinions in order to know if this car can be saved and restored in a racing fashion, as a complete restoration will be very expensive. Also, how much should I pay for this car. If it is far gone, maybe the parts can be saved and shipped abroad to someone interested.

Some pictures attached.

Many thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,409 Posts
The door handles (which were used on ISO Rivolta as well and are worth about USD 800 for the set on the open market) clearly points to a Series 1 car from 1962-63. Very good to excellent cars seem to sell in the USD 50-60k range (which is low, given how much effort it requires to get a car into that condition). Now, the cost of labor in Perù seems to be fairly low, so it may make sense to get it running again without going overboard on "concours" quality.

I would suggest you talk to the shop at the Nicolini collection (Museo Del Automovil Colección Nicolini) -- they revived a 2600 SZ from much worse condition (and the mechanicals are the same).

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
For the SZ from Peru it had to be saved. For this one, I'm not sure, even if the cost of labor is interesting.

The price of the parts is the same for everyone .... And parts for 2600 are expensive.

But if you find another SZ, for sure yes :)

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I own a 2600 Sprint undergoing restoration and I agree with Pescara that labor may be cheap but parts will be expensive. From the pictures you posted, it appears that the car is in extremely bad condition. If that is so, even though I love 2600 Sprints, I would recommend saving your money for a more worthwhile project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts