Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just about done dismantling my LS parts car that was totalled in a front end crash. Most parts I'm keeping to support my other LS. I've tried taking out the rear windshield, but none of the tools I have will cut through the glue. I'm sure I could hire a glass guy to come out and remove it, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

I'm looking for advice: is it worth it to salvage the rear windshield and trim? They're in good shape on my other car so I don't actually need them right now. Is there a market for them?

The front windshield is cracked, but is it worth salvaging the trim?

Thanks,
Jason
San jose, CA

·
Registered
439 Posts
I had problems finding the trim pieces when I wanted the rear screen replaced because of a leak. I got the leak fixed before I got hold of the trim, which was not available through the official channels.

So if you're able to save the trim, that would be a good thing. I think the glass is available, so that might not be so important.

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Trim, I would try to salvage for sure, especially windshield trim.
Charles

·
Premium Member
9,822 Posts
I'm just about done dismantling my LS parts car that was totalled in a front end crash. Most parts I'm keeping to support my other LS. I've tried taking out the rear windshield, but none of the tools I have will cut through the glue. I'm sure I could hire a glass guy to come out and remove it, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

I'm looking for advice: is it worth it to salvage the rear windshield and trim? They're in good shape on my other car so I don't actually need them right now. Is there a market for them?

The front windshield is cracked, but is it worth salvaging the trim?

Thanks,
Jason
San jose, CA
Yes!!! Save it if you can. If you guys have S/Q's those are worth saving too cause they are out of production. Still some L/LS ones laying around with 3rd light area in back window for usa models
You can try salvaging the trim. Right side N/A

·
Registered
496 Posts
There are a few new back windows OEM Sekurit at very reasonable prices we can supply but I am sure trim is more valuable than anything. I actually know where there is a good new one with the trim locally..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did end up hiring a guy to take out the rear window and trim. I'll await the offers to roll in as I don't need the parts...

Jason,
San Jose, CA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts