Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
welcome to the board tatch.

do you have a particular page or section you need? i can email you PDFs but one page at a time from your exact year (got the cardisc. you can grab it off of ebay for 50$ or on IAP)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you The Sicilian; I need the page where there's an explanation to remove the plastic rockers pannels and also what is recommanded to use to fit them back when they will be repainted.
I searched everywhere and never found and how to remove them without breaking something... they're glued very hard by a black hard rubber.

Here they sell cd roms http://www.hdrogers.com/alfacd.html

·
Premium Member
26,820 Posts
BUY one from www.cardisc.com see page 75-11 for removing door under trim.

Here is what that page says," 1. Using a punch, remove the screw anchor 1 securing under-trim 2 at the front as well as the dowel 3 holding it at the front [should say rear].
2. Remove the front anchor screws 2 securing the door under-trim 1 at the bottom of the body work and remove the door under trim."

Pictures shows screw anchor in rear edge of front fender wheel opening and one in front edge of rear wheel opening and 4 under body under door and rear quarter panel behind door.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had no problem to find and remove the screws and plastic clips, but that done the plastic pannel is still in place and hardly because of the rubber glued.
I will ask my Alfa dealer on monday to explain me how to do... I hope they don't simply pull them out and replace by new ones ! I never saw such a glue, I think it's the same used to attach the Alfa logo onto the trunk pannel... there is a post explaining the difficulty to remove that incredible glue. I remove the logo ten days ago and I had to broken it to remove but it was in very bad condition, it's why I did it. To remose the plastic glue the only way was to hot it but this way is not possible to do with the plastic pannels (they will knock out of shape I think). This problem is getting on my nerves, I have wasted my time without any result !

·
Registered
520 Posts
doors section attached.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts