Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new to the board. I brought my "new to me" Alfa last night. I bought Campbellc's 86 Quad. I drove @ 100 miles of back roads home with the top down, most fun to be had with your pants on.:D

This is the first Alfa I have driven or owned and I am thoroughlly impressed and excited. My winter to do list is to replace all hoses and any deteriorated suspension parts.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
Welcome to the Board!

Have any pics?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Nice car T - exact same vehicle I have!!!

I'm with Papajam - photos please..

Enjoy and good luck with her

Jeff

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Congrats!!!

Everone knows 86 Spiders are THE BEST!!!!:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the board!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome to the board!

Just wait till you drive it with no pants.

Reading the 135 MPH thread will teach you a lot about some of the board members here.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Guess you haven't read the 135 MPH thread yet.
Ya, I know, had he said 135 miles instead of 100, he'd not be as welcomed on here, right? Teaching about some of the other board members...No matter what, make sure you have undeniable proof before saying anything!!! They won't take you at your word, but rather keep on mentioning everything else that is going on around you.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Maybe we shouldn't be so quick to point him there. Are you guys trying to scare him off already?

·
Registered
520 Posts
campbell was just a 'phase' in that ladies life man. helping her get her on her feet again and over the first-time-owner who never drove her.

i have a spider that runs smooth as a prom-queens thighs at 140k miles. my father drove a FIAT to 250k with no major issues.

because u drive it hard and u drive it often. keeping it in a garage for 20 years to have the blessed low-mileage is about as good for your car as it would be for anything.

what that car needs is deep shag in the back-country and rolling restoration. change it if its old, once a month replace a sensor or something. better than it hitting you when youre away from home, or short on cash. plus then you get whatever part you can get quickly. better to carefully select OE Bosch parts and put them and save the current one for a backup in a pinch. (i stock backup bosch parts and just buy em 3 at a time).

get a real alfa mechanic. someone that only works on alfas. the difference is staggering and BELIEVE ME, regardless of their higher rate, they will save you money in the end. judging mechanics by their rate is exactly how crappy mechanics stay in business and rip everyone off. drive further if needed. u wont have to drive it nearly as often

at least once a week, get her good and hot on the road (like over 20 min of driving hi speed preferably) and then wind up her second or third gear to 5k rpm and sustain it for 20 seconds. this is how she cleans out her oils and keeps healthy.

and try not to piss her off --Guido

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome to the board!

Just wait till you drive it with no pants.

Reading the 135 MPH thread will teach you a lot about some of the board members here.
Maybe this is why he purchased the car!!!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Maybe this is why he purchased the car!!!
Good one!!! I'd hate to think I made anyone feel more confident in there spider:eek: Welcome to the Board TSUPPA!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the replies guys, I will post pics soon, and about 135 MPH..........I dont think so!!!!! I did read that thread, and it was very entertaining. I just sold a sport bike so I hope I got some of the stupidity out of my blood......no offense DD.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome to the board. You could cut and paste Cambellc's pictures into this thread. I saw his car a few weeks ago. It is very nice. I bought the IAP Performance Springs from Collin for my '86 Spider Veloce - they don't fit the Quad anyway. Did you get the Nardi steering wheel and are you going to install it?

You're the third Nebraskan to buy an Alfa in the past few months (that has posted to this board). You should also check out Murray's black '91 Spider. He also lives in Omaha.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mojave,

Yes I did get the steering wheel. It is such a cool piece that I will probably istall it in the future.

I took your advice and copied and pasted Campbellc's pics. I hope he doesnt mind.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I did read that thread, and it was very entertaining.
Good, I'm glad you enjoyed!
TSuppa said:
I just sold a sport bike so I hope I got some of the stupidity out of my blood......
I traded an older sport bike for my Alfa, safer with 4 tires on the road. At any speed!
TSuppa said:
no offense DD.
None taken, I like the humor you put out there! BTW, your car is a beauty!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks DD. I know I am gonna miss the bike, but the kids are happy to see it go. The car is so cool and I am sure it will keep me busy.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Thanks DD. I know I am gonna miss the bike, but the kids are happy to see it go. The car is so cool and I am sure it will keep me busy.
When you first get a car, yes, they keep you busy while you fix 'em up to your liking, just don't take the words "high maintenace" along with an Alfa, because they're really a good dependable car, they have quirks for sure, but point A to point B, they'll get you there. You made a wise choice, your chances of surviving a crash have more than quadrupled-that would be why your kids are happy!;)

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
beautiful car - enjoy it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
That is my car to T - Congratulations again on your fine choice. You will absolutely love the Nardi wheel on her - It makes a big difference. I purchased the Nardi Classico 360mm model and also went with a wood shift handle and e-brake handle to match.

Still considering going "chrome" on my two exterior mirrors.

Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts