Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a Hellebore steering wheel that needs restoration. Especially the wood center cap. It has been broken in two. I would like to find a replacement and or send the whole wheel assembly to someone good for restoration. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
What about a winter project. Go ask woodworking hobby shops. They can tell you what to do and how. See Woodworking tools, supplies, plans, projects, accessories, articles and more - Woodcraft.com for a store near you. I will do the same with my Hellebore steeringwheel. Mine is the GTA type. I have the same as you in my 1976 GTV. Dishtype with Alfa Romeo inscription on the lefthand spoke and Hellebore inscription on the righthand spoke.
Goodluck and Happy Motoring

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Robtechno,
Thanks for the input. I have a feeling that I would not do a good enough job. Making the center piece from scratch might be my only option though. My car is a 69 GT Junior 1300. I've seen the GTV version of wood steering wheel but I don't believe I have that type. By that I mean, mine does not seem nearly as dished as those. I'll have to confirm later when I get a chance but I also don't think mine has any inscription (Alfa) on the left hand side - unless I missed it. Regards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts