Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
That is a nice dash, compared to your old one.

I personally would stick with the wood trim. I love it. Especially on the 1750 GTV's and Berlinas. It look's like a million bucks!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, that is the one. It cleaned up pretty nicely, huh? One small crack near the speedomter. Not even noticable unless you get real close.

I just pulled the wood out so that I could have the chrome re-plated. I do not think anyone sells replacement wood kits for the Berlina, so I either need to make my own or use something else.

I am thinking of using brushed aluminum or maybe some carbon fiber. Most likely I will just get some new wood.

The real cool thing about the dash is that it does not have a radio cut out. I think that is really cool, since all of the cars were made without radios. I found a radio that can be installed in the trunk and controlled by a remote. Nothing in the dash. Now I just need to figure out where I am going to hide the speakers!

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
wow, that is such a nice dash. i am glad it is going to good use. interior guys should be able to do the wood.

which radio is it? i wanna get one like that for my junior cuz it too has a virgin dash. only thing is that i wanna figure out a way to mount the antenna in the truck as well cuz it has no holes for one and i'd like to keep it that way.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got brand new wood kits on e-bay for my '73 GTV and '69 GTV. veloce101 (OK Kontact parts) has them in stock. I am sure I saw a kit currently on e-bay for sale by veloce101.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,362 Posts
I think your brushed aluminum idea would look pretty nice...

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
wood or brused aluminum.

we used to have the carbon fiber on one of the gtv race cars in the shop and it did not look good. that is why it used to have it.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I put a piece of real carbon fiber on my dash the other day to see how it looks, and it looks horrible. Doesn't fit the design of the dash at all.

I think brushed aluminum would look nice (especially if it is coated with a black clear coat)

But my favorite is still the first one - without the wood insert. I wish my dash would be that nice after I've removed the wood trim.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Jeff,

Thanks for the audio link, its just what I was
looking for. Where are you going to have your
chrome plating done?

Thanks

·
Registered
913 Posts
Jeff,

If you decide to do a wood dash, give me a shout. I did one for my '69 GTV. It's not hard to do and it comes out great if done properly. I'd be glad to tell/show you what I did and how I did it. One nice thing about it is that you get to pick the kind of wood you like. The original dashes were quite dark but faded substantially with time. There are now UV protectant coatings that will minimize the fade if you want the original look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts