Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone know of someone selling or making a replacement wood handbrake grip? I'd like to find something that matches my wood shift knob.

I see that Caribou sold one when they were still in business.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
i asked the same question in the past with no responses.

a guy in canada use to make it but he disappeared.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Right now I am busy overhauling the engine. As soon as I finish, I will be making my own wood shift knob. Never seen a wood handbrake, but would give it a try after I finish the knob. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wood Handgrip

Hi All,
finally have a chance to work on the break handgrips. Presently I came up with two model. As you can see on the picture attached
Model 1---Baton, it is slightly tapered toward the release button for better hold. Model 2--- Ribbed, pretty much self explain.
The picture models are made from American Wallnut and of course it will be more suitable to match your existence shift nob. (which can be Cherry, Maple etc.) I am still planning on two other model namely Handgrip and the Beretta( which will be like a pistol grip). If interested e-mail me personally.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Hi All,
finally have a chance to work on the break handgrips. Presently I came up with two model. As you can see on the picture attached
Model 1---Baton, it is slightly tapered toward the release button for better hold. Model 2--- Ribbed, pretty much self explain.
The picture models are made from American Wallnut and of course it will be more suitable to match your existence shift nob. (which can be Cherry, Maple etc.) I am still planning on two other model namely Handgrip and the Beretta( which will be like a pistol grip). If interested e-mail me personally.
These look really good. I think there will be a lot of interest. (I'll be looking forward to seeing the other models, as well.) It's great to see someone giving this a try. Through '85 Alfa used two colors of wood on the steering wheels of the Spiders, and no one ever made a shift knob that matched either color. Then, starting in '86, with aftermarket Momo steering wheels, there were finally shift knobs that actually matched the wheel...

Best regards,

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Hi All,
it said you cannot receive emails. would love to get one for my 92 spider.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry lgbalfa , I am new to this forum. Somehow I thought my e-mail is connected to this site but is not. I am making these handgrip according to my 78 Alfa, for a 93 I need the specification on the diameter of the hand break and the correct location of the 2 screws that fasten the grip to the metal. Or I can send you a picture with the dimension on mine and start from there. Anyway my e-mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Sorry lgbalfa , I am new to this forum. Somehow I thought my e-mail is connected to this site but is not. I am making these handgrip according to my 78 Alfa, for a 93 I need the specification on the diameter of the hand break and the correct location of the 2 screws that fasten the grip to the metal. Or I can send you a picture with the dimension on mine and start from there. Anyway my e-mail is [email protected]
how much are you charging?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts