Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
5261 - 5280 of 5321 Posts

·
Registered
9,283 Posts
Photoshopping a logo into a picture doesn't help.
Where's the Alfa?

·
Registered
9,283 Posts

·
Administrator
16,555 Posts
For those with short memories:

Gentlemen (I use the term advisedly...), this thread is teetering on the brink of deletion. Please go back to page one and read the first post to see the intended purpose of this thread. And go to the bottom of the BB page to find the Terms of Use for posting here. We are all adults - I suggest we all act like it.

And keep in mind that arguing with your (unpaid) moderators can easily lead to a suspension or outright ban. It is as simple as a mouse click...
I've closed this thread due to the feedback that has been given by some disgruntled members. Please remember, there are rules in this forum, just like there are rules in your home. If one of the moderators removes a post because it is offensive, giving them a hard time about doing it is not appreciated.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts

·
Out of the office!
11,488 Posts

·
Administrator
16,555 Posts
To reiterate, we (your unpaid moderators) waste way too much time policing this thread. Like it or not, the pictures posted and the comments about the pictures must be G-rated. We are not prudes but this is the AlfaBB as hosted by AutoGuide. We must follow their rules. Please don't be the idiot that gets this thread deleted (we're already itching to do so...).

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's culturally interesting to see that a disproportionate number of these modern 'alluring woman on car' photos emanate from Eastern Europe where perhaps there are different views on masculinity and femininity and 'me too' just means you want your buddy to buy you another drink at the bar. For me these shots are slightly uncomfortable viewing and belong in a period 20 years or more ago.

Historical photos probably up to the 80's I am actually more comfortable with because that was how the world was at that time and represents a real past, albeit one we may not want to live in now. It (quite correctly) simply would not be acceptable to advertise in the same way now in developed western economies (it is actually against the advertising code in our own country). And I really don't miss that type of promotion. It's possible that perhaps in a Kiev advertising agency it might still be a campaign style that works. If so, is it also possible it wouldn't be as culturally acceptable in another 15 years?

It's not necessarily a criticism of that mindset at that place at this time. Though I fear I may be seen as a Western person trying to impose my cultural and social views on an independently culture in another country that's not what I am doing. But I think it's a reflection of where different societies are in the development of social culture, which over time tends toward greater equality and liberalism.

What's actually wrong with positioning an alluring female form with a car? Well perhaps thats a subject for intelligent and reasoned debate........

·
Registered
9,283 Posts
I would love to know what the driver of the #46 car was saying so earnestly to that fellow. "Yes it would work! All we have to do is this...and then I would be very much faster..."
I believe the driver was Ada Pace. This picture gives a better hint of why the hood was open.

Alfa 46.jpg

·
Registered
9,283 Posts
Here's another classic image (from this site). The car won the race -- probably not just because of her magic touch.

5261 - 5280 of 5321 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.