Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
5241 - 5260 of 5321 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Apologies if already posted but W series I think probably just about qualifies. For those that don't know it's an F3 series for Women racers (drawn from an international field, including the US) only, getting quite decent TV coverage and with some good racing.

The standardised F3 spec cars all use tuned Alfa 1750 engines which get regrettably little credit on the race car livery as far as I can see (there must be an alfa badge somewhere, even if only on the engine :) ), but well known throughout motor racing nevertheless, so I think there's some worthwhile Alfa promotional benefit though it would be stretching things to call the race cars an Alfa Romeo (though that hasn't stopped them doing it in F1 with even less mechanical connection).

Attachments

·
Out of the office!
11,488 Posts
Apologies if already posted but W series I think probably just about qualifies. For those that don't know it's an F3 series for Women racers (drawn from an international field, including the US) only, getting quite decent TV coverage and with some good racing.

The standardised F3 spec cars all use tuned Alfa 1750 engines which get regrettably little credit on the race car livery as far as I can see (there must be an alfa badge somewhere, even if only on the engine :) ), but well known throughout motor racing nevertheless, so I think there's some worthwhile Alfa promotional benefit though it would be stretching things to call the race cars an Alfa Romeo (though that hasn't stopped them doing it in F1 with even less mechanical connection).
No posers in that group!

·
Super Moderator
11,337 Posts
umm. I liked it.

5241 - 5260 of 5321 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.