Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@ Moderators:

With a short comment I was involved in the 'W&A' dust-up. As it 'evolved(maybe de-volved)' into a lot of nastiness, it occurred to me that one commenter's claim that "...left wing liberals (are) turds..." was much more offensive than anything from earlier postings! IMO that's where your 'moderating' could/should have stepped-in! I'm a "liberal" & I don't consider myself a "turd"!

Regards

·
Super Moderator
3,535 Posts
The Moderators are on this one, the aforementioned thread has now been closed for a cooling off period and the offending posters have been disciplined.

This thread is hovering under the "delete" knife at the moment, it adds zero value and repeatedly brings out the worst in post pictures and this particular incident also brought out abusive vitriol from one particular poster, which was not appreciated and steps were taken.

The BB currently has 75276 members, that's a lot of moderating potential, fortunately 99.99% of members respect the space that the BB operates in and likewise respect the other BB Members within that space. Unfortunately someone inevitably feels that their place in the sandbox is is a right not a privilege. This is where the Moderator's get involved. It's an endless thankless task, but we do it willingly because the BB is a fantastic resource which benefits all Alfisti in our community and the rules are there to protect both the BB & the members and we will enforce them.

The solution is glaringly simple "Members are to treat others with the same respect and tolerance that they would have others treat them with in return"

A note to all others who would comment further....Please don't, we have dealt with the offending members on the aforementioned thread, it would be unwise to scratch this one open again

Respectfully yours
Greig

In full Moderator Mode

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.