Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought any inner sills from Wolf Body Parts for the GTV? What was the quality like?

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
It's pretty much a case of you get what you pay for. Wolf is generally cheaper but they are more approximations. You're not going to want to use them if you are doing a concours resto. But one real advantage is that you can talk to Allen and I have found him to be reasonable. He has made panels that no one else makes and you can send him a section and he'll reproduce it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
You really need someone good with sheet metal to use them. We had to shorten the whole panel by 2 inches. A "close approximation" would be a good description.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not looking at a concours restoration but a car that is rust free and one that I will enjoy driving without breaking the bank. If I spend too much money with the idea that I will sell it one day, I would be too afraid to drive it

·
Registered
797 Posts
The usual UK vendors have excellent quality sheet metal pieces and you'd be surprised on their speed of delivery and the relatively inexpensive costs. I've used them and never had a problem.
Wolfe's okay if you have a rust bucket that needs to get through some mandated certification process to get the poor car back on the road and be legal, but I think you'd be better off paying a little extra and get a good quality product to begin your repairs with:cool:.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anybody dealt with Classic Alfa? After much advice I am going to go with the parts from the UK. Seems the way to go.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Has anybody dealt with Classic Alfa? After much advice I am going to go with the parts from the UK. Seems the way to go.
I've not bought sheet metal from CA but everything I have bought from them I was pleased with the transaction---:D

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Dito for me on the Super panels from Classic.
Their panels fit like factory ones and that will save a load of $ that the bodyman will charge to make the cheap ones fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts