Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
16,341 Posts
Is the base of the mirror assembly loose where it meets the door? If so, look at the rear of the mirror base - there is a tiny flap to pry open that hides an allen screw that secures the base to a bracket on the door. Tighten that allen screw (a drop of lock tight might help prevent it from loosening up).

If it is the mirror glass itself that is loose then I am not sure how to tighten that. The body color front cover can be removed from the black rubbery surround (carefully pry it out) to reveal the innards of the mirror assembly.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I think the solution is to use plastic epoxy on the mirror frame. Try shaking the mirror itself after removing the plastic cover, you’ll see what I mean..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi All,
Thanks for the input , I found the Allen screws, n/s no problems now , off side was a problem as the thread in the alloy mirror body had been stripped - I machined down a nut tucked it in and that side now solid as well, so thanks to everyone except the gorilla that managed to strip nearly 7mm of thread out of the mirror body.
I will keep my eye out for a replacement mirror because my solution works but dismantling will be fiddly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts