Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy new year to everyone!
Although a relatively old member of the forum this is my first post.... :eek:
I'm rewiring my 1972 1300 GT Junior and I have a few questions as my car has suffered numerous modifications after being converted to a 2000 GTV. I am trying to follow the 2000 GTV Euro Spec as this one seems to be the one closest to what's on the car.
1) First of all, can anyone tell me how the loom for the rear lights is routed in the cabin? Does it go under the driver's side alfa romeo script (it seems there is a "tunnel" between the script and the sill where it can fit) or does it just go under the carpets before reaching the back seats?
2) According to the wiring diagram all those wires going to the rear lights end at a 10-way multiconnector. In my car instead there is an 8-way connector and both the courtesy lights and heated rear window as well as the handbrake button are wired separately. What's the way it should be?
3) What's the route of the handbrake button wire? Does it go under the center console directly from the dashboard connector?
4) How are the number plate lights and the boot lamp supposed to be wired??
Any help would be really appreciated!!
5) And last but not least, should all the 4 front lights turn on when the main beams are switched on? Is there any difference in the functionality of the column stalks between GT Juniors and GTV's?

Regards,
Alexandros

·
Registered
892 Posts
1) First of all, can anyone tell me how the loom for the rear lights is routed in the cabin? Does it go under the driver's side alfa romeo script (it seems there is a "tunnel" between the script and the sill where it can fit) or does it just go under the carpets before reaching the back seats?

Yes, in the tunnel as you describe. Then it goes around the wheel arch.

2) According to the wiring diagram all those wires going to the rear lights end at a 10-way multiconnector. In my car instead there is an 8-way connector and both the courtesy lights and heated rear window as well as the handbrake button are wired separately. What's the way it should be?

depends on the type. For the 2000 it should be a single 10-way connector

3) What's the route of the handbrake button wire? Does it go under the center console directly from the dashboard connector?

The wiring loom goes backward from the 10way connector through the tunnel, and the handbrake wire separates just behind the tunnel and goes parallel to the front screen to the handbrake

4) How are the number plate lights and the boot lamp supposed to be wired??

Just after the wiring loom enters the trunk, the rear light wire goes to the bootlamp, and then goes back to the wiring loom, and then to the rear lamps. There should be 2 1-way connectors in the middle of the rear of the trunk for the numberplate lights. (although I am now doubting if it is 1 or 2 connectors).

Any help would be really appreciated!!
5) And last but not least, should all the 4 front lights turn on when the main beams are switched on? Is there any difference in the functionality of the column stalks between GT Juniors and GTV's?

dunno; need to check

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
Welcome to posting, Alexandros! :)

Your 72 Junior is a Series 3 which means that it was originally fitted with 2 headlights. With the conversion to a 2000 GTV, two more headlights were added. In addition, the Series 4 Juniors also have 4 headlights.

Looking at the wiring diagrams, both the Series 4 Jr and the 2000 GTV have 10 pin rear harness connectors while the Series 3 Jr has an 8 pin.

I would be happy to send you the color wiring diagrams for these 3 models. Please send me a private message with your email address and I send them to you.

Oh, in both the Series 4 and 2000, the outer dipped beams turn off when the inner main beams are selected.

·
Registered
`61 Giulietta Spider, `65 Giulia Ti 1750, `69 GT junior 1600, `73 Spider 2000, `74 GTV 2000, `98 156
1,869 Posts
In my UK version -`74 2 litre (Euro specced basically) all four lights are on when full beam is selected and go onto the outers(and dipped downwards) when dipped which of course is the normal around town mode.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to posting, Alexandros! :)

Your 72 Junior is a Series 3 which means that it was originally fitted with 2 headlights. With the conversion to a 2000 GTV, two more headlights were added. In addition, the Series 4 Juniors also have 4 headlights.

Looking at the wiring diagrams, both the Series 4 Jr and the 2000 GTV have 10 pin rear harness connectors while the Series 3 Jr has an 8 pin.

I would be happy to send you the color wiring diagrams for these 3 models. Please send me a private message with your email address and I send them to you.

Oh, in both the Series 4 and 2000, the outer dipped beams turn off when the inner main beams are selected.
Hello,

It would be a great favor if you could send also those diagrams, as I am struggling to find anything related to the wiring of my Alfa 1600 GT Junior rearlights, fuel jauge, screenwipers, etc etc.. :)

My email: [email protected]

Thanks !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts