Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I could figure out how to re-install the wiring harness (which came in a box full of extra switches, fuse boxes, voltage regulators and garage floor sweepings) using the owners manual wiring diagram. Not so much, alot of the color code doesn't match, especially the bulbs that supply gauges and dash bulbs. The color coded one that I found on the internet claims to be for a 1972 1750 GTV, which I believe doesn"t exist. So I ain't gonna buy that one.

So, I'm wondering what I should do to find a diagram that is not patently wrong.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Rob.

·
Premium Member
21,380 Posts
The 1971 US owner's manual will have the right diagram.
Papajam, before he died, had done accurate diagrams for just about everything, so you might contact moderator ossodisepia to see if there's one in Jim's archive.
Andrew

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree that the owner manual should be the right diagram.
Make sure you have the right owner manual USA v Europe version....
If the colors are not working out, then it might not be the right wiring harness for the car.
In any case, I would find a clean space on the floor, roughly the size of the car 6' x 13'.
Then, I would carefully lay the harness out- taping it to the floor as it would be in the car. I would also unbundle wrappings to inspect the wires and follow them around.
With this method, you can confirm if it's the right one for the car, and even make use of it by understanding it if it's not exactly right. I believe you can adapt any 105 harness to work if you can understand it. Even a new harness might well need some mods to fit your car. So, it's a good practice in any case.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the 1971 diagram from Papajam that Andrew mentions. DM me your e-mail address and I can forward it to you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Would someone be kind enough to send me the diagram for 71 GTV 1750. I am also having trouble locating the correct diagram for USA. My owners manual shows Euro version. Many Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.