Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorry if this is the incorrect location. My roommates father has a 1992 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce and is having problems with an electrical short they think. He was looking for a complete wiring diagram for the vehicle and I have not been able to make heads or tails with finding one. Most of what I am finding is for older 70's models. If someone has one or can point me in the right direction I will forever be in your debt

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
Welcome to the board. You can get a wiring diagram by sending a Private Message to Papajam, who is one of the board moderators. But you can also describe the particular issue that he is having with his car, and there are a lot of folks that will weigh in with their collective experience on similar issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car sometimes just doesnt start. It will randomly choose not to start, it is at a mechanics shop now and has started 150 times in a row they say, but randomly it just wont do it. They are looking for the wiring diagram to see if they can track down the problem

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
The car sometimes just doesnt start. It will randomly choose not to start, it is at a mechanics shop now and has started 150 times in a row they say, but randomly it just wont do it. They are looking for the wiring diagram to see if they can track down the problem
intermittant faults are always difficult to find.

Presumably there is no aftermarket alarm or immobiliser fitted? That might cause such a random problem.

Anyway, if I had the same fault with a random no-start on my S4 spider, first thing I would do (the moment it occurs again!), is jump out, open the hood, pull a lead and stick an old plug on it to see if there is spark or not. (keep an old sparkplug handy:))

you need to distinguish if no spark or no fuel, but of course you can only really find out when it happens again....

Of course the motronic requires a minimum cranking voltage to even wake up the computor......minimum 11V or so whilst cranking, or nothing works, so make sure the battery is holding charge.

here is the part of the wiring schematic that deals with the Motronic system of your spider, in case it helps in the mean time.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts