Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working my way through a less than original (wiring) 1972 Euro GTV. The PO or perhaps dealer installed an aftermarket clock. It is a Kienzle made in W. Germany. It works, however I can't understand the wiring. There are three wires coming out of the back of the clock. A red one which appears to me connected to the power supply, and two green ones which are hanging loose. I suppose one might be for a light in the dial? But, I'm not sure which one. And, why two wires. I could remove the click, but I don't want to remove the glove box which is the only way to get to the clock. Any ideas. Here are three photos. The red wire hanging down in the second photo is a different issue not connected to the clock.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Bruce,

Can you see where the green wire that passes under the bracket goes? Maybe the clock case itself? It appears that the red and other green wire unplug from the clock. A volt/ohm meter or test light would provide some answers. I feel you're correct with red being positive, green is for the lamp and the other green ground. Need to verify that green wire under the bracket, to be sure.

Hopefully, you'll get your answer quickly... nice looking clock too.

-Doug

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The green wire under the bracket goes into the back of the clock at the top right of the photo. Couldn't get the camera angle to shoot it. The red wire has an inline fuse and is used for the radio.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I'm gonna guess here. Could it be the green is the lamp and the other green is the same connection, but used as a daisy chain to the next gauge lamp?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Close up

Through much pain, I was able to twist my hand and wrist up into the dash and took this photo of the back of the clock. The right most green wire does enter the clock and is not part of the other green wire.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts