Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize in advance of this is a repeat...I searched and could not find one.

I really need a wiring diagram for a 1985 Gtv6, including engine compartment, hopefully with color coding showing ECU.

Please and thank you!!! It can be emailed to [email protected]

·
Administrator
17,765 Posts
I have a copy of Jim Neill's (Papajam, RIP) color coded wire diagram but only for the 1981 USA model. I can send that to you if you think it'd help - I do not know what changes were made in the later models (I think mainly the ignition system).

If anyone has copies for the later GTV6 models, please send them to me, too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trying to trace all the ignition wiring to the coil and back to ECU

I have a copy of Jim Neill's (Papajam, RIP) color coded wire diagram but only for the 1981 USA model. I can send that to you if you think it'd help - I do not know what changes were made in the later models (I think mainly the ignition system).

If anyone has copies for the later GTV6 models, please send them to me, too.

·
Registered
661 Posts
The ignition for the American 1985 GTV6's is the same as a the 1986 Milano with a hall effect 3 wire distributor
Every other part of the world kept the original two wire non hall effects dizzy up till the end, 86/87 Grand Prix models might be an excepetion they were the last of the line.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ignition for the American 1985 GTV6's is the same as a the 1986 Milano with a hall effect 3 wire distributor
Every other part of the world kept the original two wire non hall effects dizzy up till the end, 86/87 Grand Prix models might be an excepetion they were the last of the line.
Thank you...I’ll search for the Milano diagram

·
Registered
1979 Alfa Romeo Sprint Veloce
14 Posts
is anyone willing to send me a wiring diagram for the alfetta gt? i found papajams (rip) posts but there's no way to request a diagram or comment to get one? i was hoping for this one-
11629 Alfetta GT 2000 1976 without Air Conditioning R3
Also is anyone willing to make a collection of these diagrams to be made public? seems like it just makes it harder and more offputting to work on these cars when the information to fix these cars are hidden away lol

·
Administrator
17,765 Posts
is anyone willing to send me a wiring diagram for the alfetta gt?
11629 Alfetta GT 2000 1976 without Air Conditioning R3
Check your conversations (aka the mini-avatar in the upper right corner of the page) - I will send you what you seek. And welcome to the BB.

Also is anyone willing to make a collection of these diagrams to be made public?
Jim's work is copyrighted. He made the wire diagrams as a labor of love and gave them freely to Alfa owners. He always asked that they not be sold, used for profit or posted publicly. We're trying to keep that part of his legacy alive.

·
Registered
1979 Alfa Romeo Sprint Veloce
14 Posts
Check your conversations (aka the mini-avatar in the upper right corner of the page) - I will send you what you seek. And welcome to the BB.

Jim's work is copyrighted. He made the wire diagrams as a labor of love and gave them freely to Alfa owners. He always asked that they not be sold, used for profit or posted publicly. We're trying to keep that part of his legacy alive.
I really appreciate that, and knowing that now, that's really nice to see the forum respecting a mans legacy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts