Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The electrical in my '78 Alfetta is a nightmare. I beleive the penultimate owner to me was a junkie who liked to "tinker" with this poor car. I have disconnected wires at the steering column and fuse box, as well as all over the engine bay. At least 1/3 of the wires have been disconnected, and I am desperately in need of a good wiring diagram. I have purchased a couple books on tune up and repair of the twin cam, but they don't have in depth info on the cars wiring. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll try the '77 and see

I need to use my eyues before posting questions. There is a '77 without AC available and I will see how close that is to my '78.

·
Registered
625 Posts
try posting pictures of the wires in question and maybe a few members can point you in the right direction. Also, check out the electrical section maybe there are some diagrams there. Good luck.

·
Registered
750 Posts
My 83's has the wiring diagram in the back of the owners manual, not sure if the 78's did but could be worth a post as WTB or check e-bay.

GV

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Yes - the '77 owner's manual also had a complete fold out wiring diagram. Problem is - many times they are torn out of the book! I can try to scan it in and post it or email it to you in the next couple of days - if you don't have it.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Welcome aboard, OregonAlfetta!

While I don't have a color diagram for you, I have the B&W diagrams from the 1978 owners manuals. There are three diagrams; with and without A/C for the GT and one for the Sedan. If you send me your email address in a private message, I'll send you the diagram of your choice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I emailed you with my email address. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
try posting pictures of the wires in question and maybe a few members can point you in the right direction. Also, check out the electrical section maybe there are some diagrams there. Good luck.
I am starting to take pics to catalog the restoration and I will difinitely start with the messed up wiring.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got diagrams for a '78 with and without AC
papajam gave me the color '77 and '79 without AC. He is also going to scan and email me a B/W for the 78 he has. I am pretty sure that should cover my bases and allow me to get started reconnecting and replacing. I am very glad to be on board the Alfa BB. Great group of people.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Alfetta GT fuse box photos

I replaced a broken fuse box on my 76 Alfetta GT. These are the photos I took before I made the switch. Non air cond. The wiring pretty much agreed with Papajam's beautiful drawings, as well as the Haynes schematic. The wiring also agrees with my long gone 77 Alfetta GT.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I replaced a broken fuse box on my 76 Alfetta GT. These are the photos I took before I made the switch. Non air cond. The wiring pretty much agreed with Papajam's beautiful drawings, as well as the Haynes schematic. The wiring also agrees with my long gone 77 Alfetta GT.
Thanks for the pics Paul. I am starting at the steering column, to reconnect what has been disconnected in the hopes of trying to get the car to start by the weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts