Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an '82 spider and need to know which wires go where at the ignition coil. If somebody could just list the + and - sides (colors) or take me some pictures, that would be perfect. Thank you!

·
Administrator
16,989 Posts
Does this help?

The Bosch coil is from an '83 parts car that happens to be in my driveway. The black colored coil top (replacement coil) is in my '84.

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! If you checked the voltage with a test light, is there power at both sides of the coil with the ignition switch on run (but before cranking)?

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Note to all who are using, or will use, the Alfa diagram to check the ignition coil wiring. The Alfa diagram is incorrect. As seen in the scan above (the one with 078 next it), the white and green/black wires are on the wrong terminals. Green/black should go on terminal #15 (coil positive) and the white on terminal #1 (coil negative).

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Note to all who are using, or will use, the Alfa diagram to check the ignition coil wiring. The Alfa diagram is incorrect. As seen in the scan above (the one with 078 next it), the white and green/black wires are on the wrong terminals. Green/black should go on terminal #15 (coil positive) and the white on terminal #1 (coil negative).
That's exactly why I had to ask (and why it had been wired wrong)

Thanks to all who have helped! I really appreciate it! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts