Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, any recommendations on where to get replacement wiring or wiring harness for a 1993/94 Spider Veloce? And a place to find good wiring diagrams? I've got to redo the wiring. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Hi, any recommendations on where to get replacement wiring or wiring harness for a 1993/94 Spider Veloce? And a place to find good wiring diagrams? I've got to redo the wiring. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
If you PM me with your email, I can send you a coloured wiring diagram, for the S4

Only chance for a loom/harness really, is a used one (photo is a used loom from a shop here in Germany, but 400 euros!)
plus looms will have slight differences, whether it's a USA/Canada/Europe market car
(in europe we never got airbags or seatbelt buzzers or automatic transmission...for instance)
s4 loom used.JPG

But why do you need a whole harness? was there a fire, and if so where?
Couldn't you do a localised repair?
I have a used loom somewhere in a box as well, goodness knows where it is though!

Dom

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dom, Thanks for your reply. It's an American vehicle that was brought up from California to Vancouver, BC Canada. I've had the car for a little over a year. There was not a fire, thankfully. However, there was a bit of electrical shorting and when we looked deeper we discovered some melted wires. I'm not clear what the previous owner(s) did, but some of the wires have been messed with; some wires aren't even proper automotive wires. I originally thought to replace the entire harness since I didn't know what I was dealing with. We've looked it over a few times and we could do a localised repair of about 4-5 wires. I appreciate your comments, upon rethinking, your suggestion to do a localised repair is an easier and more cost effective approach. I will DM you for the coloured wiring diagram and sincerely appreciate your passing that on.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
pdf has been sent
Dom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts