Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I got an '87 Veloce over the summer. I'm not a technical guy, but have fixed some stuff (with the help of you guys!!). Anyway, I just noticed an unconnected hose on the passenger side under the dash. Can someone tell me what and where it is and where it is supposed to attach to?

Also, above the pedals is a mess of wires. They hang down, not far enough to cause any problems, but I'm sure they should hang down that far. Can someone tell me what the best way to put them back up would be?

Any help will be appreciated!!!

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
Tom, That hose was carefully designed to suck your wallet right out of your back pocket. The wires are there just to confuse and frustrate you.

Now, really, the hose is the condensate drain for the air conditioner. It ought to fit onto a male fitting on the left side (I think) of the a/c blower (the black contraption in your photo). That wire thingie on the hose is the clamp that holds the hose onto the fitting. As for the wires, I agree that they dont look right. At first glance, it looks like your fuse panel might be installed upside down, because that jumble of wires looks alot like the back of the fuse panel. But, I am just offering a wild-a**ed guess about the wires.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hose and wires Q's

Tom, the hose looks like it might be for the AC drain. That is, to drain the condensate from the AC when in operation. I imagine the passenger might get some very cold water on his/her feet in a sharp left turn.... Needs to be reconnected, but before doing so, I might run something semi-pliable down it and into the AC orifice to make sure they are obstruction-free. Do this gently. My Spider is non-AC, so I can't help you too much more on this. I suspect it will be pretty obvious where the free-end goes under the dash. Affixing the clamp might be a bit of a bear depending upon which way you have it turned, gonna need some pliers to open it up to fit over the fitted hose end.

The wire bundle above the clutch come out of the fuse panel/box. Be careful pushing/pulling these as it may loosen the wire ends in the fusebox. They look like they're pretty well out of the way. As far as the red bundle over the brake pedal, they can be pushed up and zip-tied or taped out of the way as there is plenty of slack there.

Enjoy the Spider!

Adam

·
Registered
460 Posts
MAke sure that he fuse panel is installed correctly. the top part is hinged while the bottom is connected with a metal "C" braket to the bottom of the door. when the fuse door is closed you should barely see any wires. Rightmost wires occasionnaly droop down to the drive's gas foot, just tape tose up or better use tie wraps so that you don't accidentally disconnect something while stepping on the gas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts