Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to re-body a 1971 Alfa Spider to look more like a 50s race car... Has anyone seen any Spiders with wire wheel conversions? I am not really interested in the bolt on kind as you can always see the lug nuts, but if someone has a bolt on suggestion I am all ears.

What I am really looking for is information on what parts and how much work is involved to replace the original parts and put on MGA or Jag wheels.

Or if someone knows of a bolt on adapter that does not totally screw up the offset then that would be cool too.

Thanks

Michael
760-728-7079
[email protected]

·
Registered
9,397 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... I looked at both and the Spider is a bolt on... Not too bad... I really liked the GTV wheels so I emailed him...

Best

Michael

·
Banned
213 Posts
both Rudge wire wheels and Alfin brakes are still being made new. If you want an authentic look.
Are you working with the unibody structure of do you also build frames?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information...

As the body on this is not in great shape anyway and missing just about everything, the plan was to remove what body parts I can and perhaps resell them cheap, then cut away sections that are in the way, re-enforce with tubing and build support for the fiber glass body work off of that.

If any one has photos of a 1971 uni-body / what lays below and what panels come off, I would love to see them... This is still in the planning stages.

Best

MF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts