Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all have goy a problem with electrics on my 33 happened once when I first got her about 2yrs ago then all fine now is happening once a week or so
When I put the wipers on they stop about 1/3rd way thru wipe then stop and i loose power to tacho and speedo and battery light comes on voltmeter still says charging ok and car runs fine cept i dont know what speed i'm doing and wiper arm is right in my eye line Any ideas? Was thinking its probably an earth wire loose somewhere and was wondring if there was a connection under the dash somewhere that might be loose? It usualy comes good after a while so cant trace down the fault anyone any ideas?

·
Registered
625 Posts
It sounds like something with the fuse, wiper relay, fuse box, or a ground. I would check all the fuses, wiper relay and go through and clean all the grounds first, then inspect the fuse box. It's pretty easy to remove. There are two pins that it hangs and hinges on. Press those in and it will pull down and out. Inspect all the leads carefully. I would hope you won't have to take the dash apart to find the problem, but if you do its pretty easy, took me less than 15 minutes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts