Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the current state of my wiper transmission linkages. I dont know what, if anything, I am missing primarily because I dont know what was original to the car. The first pic shows what is two rubber washers stacked together to form a bushing... the one on the other side came completely apart so I can with some luck, replicate that..

The other pic is where I do not know what was original... the only thing remaining are the plastic grommets... at the end of the ball joint there seems to be a lip that would perhaps take a rubber? plastic cover? that would snap onto it... again, I do not know. Any pics/expertise appreciated!

Attachments

·
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
11,132 Posts
Paul, it's hard for me to tell what the joints look like from your pictures. There are some differences between the mechanism on your car and mine. So, I can't be much help other than to refer you to the part manual.

I can see some plastic joints on the linkage in your picture. Maybe, some of these bits are similar to those used on Porsches. After all, they were both manufactured by Bosch. See if the Pelican Imports kit has something that will work:

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/SIC-628-KIT&SuperCat=Y&SVSVSI=5856.htm

Someone recently posted a clever boot replacement, but I cannot find the post.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
more closeup pics

took pics of the joints for closer analysis... in the 4th pic is the two stacked washers which form a bushing...the washers measure 16x8x2mm. The first and last pics show the end which has a recessed groove which seems designed for a snap fit plastic cap?

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
Dorman makes replacement bushings for wipers but you won't find them specifically for Alfa's I am restoring a 71 2002ti for a fellow and needed something to replace the ones in the linkage. I don't think that there is much difference between euro manufactures for this particular item. I found some but they were not perfect but not have had a chance to go back and do some digging. I don't have any Porsche stuff from 65-68 , all my stuff is 69-74 I can look tomorrow and get a measurement for you if you want. Sorry, can't remember the Dorman number for the bushings that I got

Thanks, Rick

·
Registered
329 Posts
The other pic is where I do not know what was original... the only thing remaining are the plastic grommets... at the end of the ball joint there seems to be a lip that would perhaps take a rubber? plastic cover? that would snap onto it... again, I do not know. Any pics/expertise appreciated!
I was doing this a couple of weeks ago. Below are a couple of photos of the one cap that was on mine. In researching parts manuals and talking to Brian and Jeff (Ossodiseppia and Velocewhippet) in typical Alfa fashion there are at least three slightly different linkages. The arrangement is very similar but if I recall there may or may not be a link with length adjustment and it may be on the left or right. I'm not sure if it's related to these differences or not, but the replacement motors available from Classic Alfa, EB Spares, etc do not fit mine, even though they are supposed to be for these cars. Mine is a '69.

On the "bushing"... The boss on my left side lever (where the drive linkage attaches at the bottom of the wiper shaft) had about a 10mm long rubber piece. It spaced the linkage up off of the lever. The linkage did not fit around it. Yours looks to be an aftermarket attempt to do the same thing. Mine is not yet back in the car so if you would like some a photo please don't hesitate to ask and I can do it tomorrow.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts