Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seeing if anybody can shed any light and provide some guidance on this before I start investigating and accidentally breaking things on the way...

In the recent Queensland downpours my partner was driving the GTV home and the wipers became 'stuck' in the up position mid drive. Switching them off and back on again hasn't done anything. Since then, I've had a brief look and when turning the switch on I can hear the motor whirring, but no movement, sometimes the wipers will twitch but apart from that - nothing. To move the wipers back down I initially tried moving them down with the motor off and encountered a fair bit of resistance, upon turning the motor back on - much easier to move them down. This leads me to believe that the issue most likely lies within the mechanism, or perhaps the gearbox? I should add that she did notice earlier that day when attempting to alternate between the slow and slower setting, there was no corresponding change in speed.

Anything I should look out for?

Thanks,
Andrew

The car is a S1 1750 - with a 2 'speed' wiper motor

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
If it is the nut to which BigD is referring to, the arrow in the pic below is pointing to the arm that is secured by this nut. From memory, the shaft and arm is a tapered and serrated affair which of course will require that the arm be in the correct position for proper wiper arm stroke and park positions.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That nut was the cause of the issue- it had worked itself loose.
Thanks for the help!
Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts