Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I bought Aanco refill blades, which in theory should slip right into the funky blade frame channels. Problem is, the refills have segmented metal forms on either side that you snap off to the correct length. They're either too long or too short, both resulting in crummy results. Not that I drive much in the rain, but still.

The wiper blade frame are wonderfully non-standard, with a weird little peg-like clip to attach them to the arms. Has anybody found an easy, modern workaround? The heat here in Texas does a number on the blades, so even though they don't get much use they still wear out pretty quickly.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
There are blade assemblies (trico?, other?) that have the peg to fit into the wiper arm. You may have to dig around at the auto parts store to find some.

My arms wore out at the hole in the arm (I did drive in the rain, snow, etc). I replaced the arms with Milano versions, but... The arms are significantly shorter. At least the Milano ends are more standardized. I need to see if I can fit longer blades to try and reach further up the windshield.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing turned up this weekend but I'll try the shops by the office today while I'm out at lunch. I'll post up vendors and suppliers if I find anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts