Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a wiper motor (listed) for a 1975 Spider will work on a 1986 Spider. Cardone lists a 43-1060 reman to fit a 1975, but has no listing that it will fit any years later than 75. The picture looks the same as mine. Perhaps it is a small matter of different electrical connectors?? carid.com is selling the reman for $57.06 plus a $20.00 core. Much better than IAP's $245.
Any other sources for less expensive direct fit units?
Thanks, Andy

·
Registered
236 Posts
Have you pulled and tested your original motor? Many times, the ground gets flakey and leads to slow operation or inspiration. Also, the grease inside the gearbox gets really gummy, you can take it apart, clean it and re-grease it and many times this brings wiper motors back to being useful. In the past I had run a separate ground to the motor housing and that made a huge improvement as well.

I'm not sure of the fitment, but I think that they use the same linkage assembly, so the later motor should fit.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Patpend2000. I tried all of that and it is time for a new one.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. I did a little digging. Earlier wiper motors have 4 wires and 2 speeds. Later have 5 wires and 3 speeds (intermittent, L&H). Earlier has a slightly larger motor housing. This info courtesy IAP. They have both. ALSO, carid.com lady lied to me, they do not have any. Cardone site also says out of stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts