Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and have been reading a lot of post and cannot find one related to my problem. I need to remove the cowl so I can work on the wiper linkage. I removed the four screws under the weather strip but cannot seem to go any further. Any help would be appreciated. Also, can anyone recommend a good shop/workshop manual for the 92 Spider? Look forward for your response. Nick

·
Administrator
16,347 Posts
Welcome to the BB.

I got copies of the Alfa shop manuals on DVD from Car Disc.

To remove that cowl, after removing the screws at the leading edge, you need to wiggle & slide it out of some clips that are under the windshield molding. I don't recall if you need to remove that molding or not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for your reply. I will try to remove the cowl this weekend. Should I purchase the dvd or the cd? Is the dvd more than I need? Thank you Nick

·
Registered
283 Posts
Nick, you DO need to remove the chrome molding. It clips on. On my '86 there's a small screw at either end, near the leading edge of the doors. Take those out and gently pop it off, careful not to bend it. Then it's exactly as Eric said, just wiggle the cowling off, lifting gently up and towards the front of the car as you go. The trailing edge of the cowling fits into clips that you'll see once it's out. (You'll also need to take your wipers off, of course.)

Don

·
Administrator
16,347 Posts
Should I purchase the dvd or the cd? Is the dvd more than I need?
I think the one I have is the DVD. It has more than just the shop manual - it has the owner's manual, conv top manual, TSB's and some period advertising/history stuff.

You can also get copies of various Alfa publications from the Tech Library of the Alfa Romeo Owner's Club - USA.

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Here is a picture of those clips so you know what you are dealing with.

IMG_00000430.jpg

IMG_00000469.jpg

Good luck,

Vin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts