Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

On my last road rally i decided to rpelace my very old wiper blades on my car. got some form peop bys and wen to put them on. They seemed ot conenct with a pin and the passenger one was bent. Drives side is working fine, but passenger sides one wobbles and the blade wants to fall over.

What is the best way to get reliable wipers on here? Replace the arms or somehow fix what I have?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Paul, got a pic?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will send one tomorrow

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, here's what I have on the attached photo. The pin holding the wiper in is bent AND the hole is ovaled out, so its kind of a mess. I looked into Milano wipers wih the J hook on the end, but the ones I found are straight and don't have the 15 degree or so bend in them like mine do.

Anyone have a recommendation for the best way of making these solid? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
16,074 Posts
Maybe splice on different ends, the slot style from a used arm from almost any car, onto the middle of the existing arms, throwing away the pin style end. Shouldn't be difficult to do.

Or, can't remember now, but can arms from a Milano be used, or are they too short? If so, maybe longer blades can be used on them anyway.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hi all,

Can you measure the length of the blades that you need, Carello had lengths of 40 and 45 centimeter in that type of blades with the fixing pin.
I could have a look to find them here in Europe, without garanty that I would find them of course.
For the arms for this system, the Carello book shows a difference number for the Alfetta 2000 Berlina and the Alfetta GTs. Does anyone knows the exact difference? Was here a difference in length and/or was it something else ??
I have a few of those Carello Alfetta GT arms, NOS. I 'm not sure whether they can be used on the 2000 berlina for the reason mentioned before.

Finally, are the arms for the Alfetta GTs the same as for the GTV6 ?
@ Fosters27, could you measure the total length of the GTV6 arm like I show on the first picture and have a look at the way it is attached at the car? Maybe it is the same ?
The lenght of the ones that I have is 44/45 centimeter.

Thierry (Belgium)

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I compared Sport sedan arms to my spider arms. An inch + difference in length.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts