Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the heater fan has been out of commission since I bought the car. And because I can now store the car in a semi-heated place for the winter, I want to pull the dash and take a look at it/fix it/replace it. I'll also be replacing all of the dash light bulbs (haven't decided on stock replacements or led's. Nice posting on this issue on the forum though).

My question is...what else should I be doing while I'm back there?

As always, grateful for your help.

Woody

·
Registered
612 Posts
Ok, the heater fan has been out of commission since I bought the car. And because I can now store the car in a semi-heated place for the winter, I want to pull the dash and take a look at it/fix it/replace it. I'll also be replacing all of the dash light bulbs (haven't decided on stock replacements or led's. Nice posting on this issue on the forum though).

My question is...what else should I be doing while I'm back there?

As always, grateful for your help.

Woody
my $0.02 about lights, once upon a time i was replacing light bulbs from switches with leds in my volvo. So I bought white hyper bright leds, did some soldering with resistors, put in switch.... and boomer... originally switches were illuminated in green, but i did not put 2+2 together and since inside of swith was a blue filter that with connection with regular (yellowish) light bulb, gave me green light... with bright white leds, my switches are illuminated in blue :(.... similar situation i had in alfa, while replacing Tacho, (one bought from ebay was fried and super glued) both speedo and tacho were green illuminated, the new one that I`ve got from fellow alfabb member was in great shape BUT it was illuminated in white! (the same light bulbs!!) after oppeing my old one I found that inside was painted BLUE, while in my new one inside was not painted at all thus white illumination.... so do not forget about basic color wheel theory (or what was the name of it...)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Make sure the wires are connected to the blower motor below the dash. My fan only worked at one speed. One wire had come off. Putting the connector back on solved the problem.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Check your heater valve. Its a pricey part just to replace just as preventative maintenance, but getting to it is a titanic pain (it requires being upside down in the footwell at times) so if you are working down there anyway ...............

·
Premium Member
13,513 Posts
You don't have to remove the dash to replace the heater blower.
Ed Prytherch. (on vacation in Italy).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ed, I know you're on vacation, but if you could enlighten me on removing the blower without removing the dash...that would be great.

Mind you, I still want to replace the lights...

·
Registered
612 Posts
I`m also very interested, how to remove blower without pulling the dash, i have confirmed that my is spinning with very, very , very big problem (while pushing it with screwdriver)....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts