Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently cleaned and refinished the "wineglass" Speedline wheels on my son's GTV-6, and I found that Dupli-Color has a wheel paint called Hyper Silver, that closely approximates the original factory aluminum finish. It comes in a package that includes a silver base coat, and a satin clear finish coat. The spray quality for a rattle can, was good, and coverage was adequate. Hyper Silver does provide a nice luster and reflective finish. I did all four wheels with one package. Cost was about $27. Afterward however, I did decide to give the center disc a coat of Dupli-Color clear gloss.
Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Spoke

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Very nice! Was it difficult to get good coverage in the "holes" around the perimeter of the wheel? (Although, your comment about adequate coverage says it all.)

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, no Steven, the spray pattern and consistency was good. It does take some observation and self discipline though, to keep it moving and proper distance from the work.
I applied three coats of color, and three coats of clearcoat. Per instructions!

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,874 Posts
That looks great. I also have a set of wine glass wheels to paint.

Is it a metallic silver? Or just a plain silver?

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks great. I also have a set of wine glass wheels to paint.

Is it a metallic silver? Or just a plain silver?
It's a metallic aluminum, natural finish, with a nice luster to it. Looks like the bare metal, really, which is what I wanted to replicate.

Reactions: archeologist
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.