Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '67 Duetto, a '71 spider 1750, and a '79 European Spider. I would like to get a windshield for the 67 and the 79 and take the 79 and put it in the 71 or, take the 67 put it in the 71. Confused? Me too. Can anyone shed some light on compatability of the three windshields? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Series 1 Spider ("roundtail") windshields are not shaped the same as the later series cars. The windshields for the series 2, 3 and 4 (1971 through 1994) do have the same shape, but the tints are different. The series 2 ('71 through '81) are clear, the series 3 ('82 - '90) are bronze, and the series 4 ('91 - '94) are green.

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Oops, Enriqie beat me and he gave you more info...
Roundtail Spiders (67-69) use unique windshield and you cannot interchange that with one from the later car. On the other hand, all 71-94 Spiders share the same windsheild (the shape at least. You may have different tint though) so you should be able to do the swap between the 71 and the 79.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks gents. That is the answer I was looking for. One other question. Did the roundtail have a tinted windshield in '67? I would think it would be clear, but it is being offerred in both clear and green.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
.. Did the roundtail have a tinted windshield in '67? I would think it would be clear, but it is being offerred in both clear and green.
'67 is clear, not tinted. My guess is that they are offering it in green since green was the final tint that Alfa produced, and for the last years of production Alfa only made the green tinted windshields...

Best regards,

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That should do it, Thanks to all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts