Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I recently put relays into this circuit in my '72.
If you refer to http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/electrical/177264-winshield-wiper-speed-upgrade.html you'll find the wiper wiring diagram that I amended.
I don't know if the wire colors are the same on your '74, though.
Check to make sure that all of the connectors are where they should be, then I think that at a minimum you should take the cowl panel off (under the wiper arms) and check to see if the motor itself is at fault.
The connector (marked 1234 in the diagram) is under that panel. Use a 12V jumper wire to the red or green wires (on the motor side) and if the motor doesn't move, that's your problem.
If you want to bypass the foot switch you can run temporary wires from the console switch straight to the connector at the motor (replacing the blue and gray wires).
Having said all that, if the motor doesn't even go slow right now, I would suggest that the either the motor's bad or your wiring's messed up, since the foot switch only makes it go at high speed.

Michael
'72 Spider

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.