Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This pertains to a 1974 Alfa Spider US model.

Ok anyone know of a way to directly wire the windshield wiper switch to the wiper motor and to bypass the foot switch??? I have bought a new wiper motor and a new switch and still can not get the wiper motor to respond. I have a feeling it has something to do with the foot switch. I just want something crude for now so I can get the car inspected. I will worry about the foot switch later.

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Michael,

Thanks for your input. When I am feeling more ambitious I will definitely reside your way.

For now to contribute to the forum. I will let everyone know problem is fixed. Upon further inspection I found the terminals that connect into the foot switch were pushed into the wiring harness plug. I used some needle nose pliers and pulled the terminals out so they will make a connection. Also I used silicon grease to ensure a nice easy contact was made when I plugged in the foot switch.

Ryan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.