Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just completed pulling the windshield glass trim and gaskets, in maybe a total of 1hour! Pics will be attached. I used 3 in 1 penetrating oil last wknd around the edge of rubber gaskets, I don't know if that helped, Im sure it didn't hurt. We used a new bladed exacto knife and cut through the gaskets at a deep angle bringing the blade close to the thin centre of the TRIM. Of course the gaskets are now shredded and toast, they are being replaced with new. After cutting and pulling away the gasket the trim came out very easily in PERFECT BEND FREE condition! The glass came loose with one of us simply pulling lightly. We did not have to go inside the car and push out the glass. Please note there was NO GLUE holding anything in. Glass is surprisingly thick heavy duty. Fortunately both windshield frame areas have no rust with the exception of a very light bit of surface rust on the rear frame. I think I will use an oil of some sort when putting the original trim into the gasket, Vaseline, lube oil, not sure. Ill google to see what wont damage the trim. Can anyone tell me how to post the pics? thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts